About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Independent author and amateur beefcake

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The case for self publishing

The case for self publishing has been proven.  Not really, I'm just being a bit dramatical, as the kids say.

Read the story here.

It's strange to me that it's taken a publishing group this long to ask for money back on advances not realized with 'actual' books.

I'm a bit jealous because if someone gave me $33,000 I would most certainly be able to give them a book in return within the nine years that Elizabeth Wurtzel had.  Even if I had to write that book on used toilet paper.  Again, dramatical.  I'm just saying a huge population of wanna be authors are out there hoping and praying for such an advance.  It's hard to see it wasted.

So, while I don't like the idea of a publisher suing for the return of an advance, I dislike the idea of an author taking the money and running, even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment